Conditions of Play Standard Conditions of Play (January 2007)
- The Match Committee of Long Reef Golf Club and its designated representatives may, from time to time, vary these conditions and shall resolve any dispute or question arising as to the qualification of any entrant and may, in its absolute discretion at any time and without assigning any reason therefore, refuse any entrant deemed ineligible to compete.
- All disputes shall be settled by the Match Committee.
- Play shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf (referred to as a Rule or Appendix) and the Local Rules of the Club.
- Competitors must be Playing Members of Long Reef and any Visitor must be a member of a Club affiliated with NSWGA, WGNSW or an equivalent Interstate or Overseas Association.
- In the event of a player being suspended by LRGC or any other affiliated Club on a golf related matter the player shall not be eligible to enter or play in any event.
- Competitors must hold a Golf Australia handicap or a Long Reef Golf Club Club handicap.
- Professional golfers may be invited to compete at the discretion of the Committee. Any such professional golfer must hold a recognised handicap, but will not be eligible to win a Scratch event.
- The Match Committee reserves the right to establish and/or alter starting times. The Starter shall have authority to alter or re-arrange starting times.
- Players shall start at the time recorded on the timesheet. The penalty for a breach of Rule 6-3a is disqualification. However, it is a condition of the event that, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 33-7, if the player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes after his starting time, the penalty for failing to start on time is loss of the first hole in match play or two strokes at the first hole in stroke play instead of disqualification.
- Pace of Play: Rule 6-7 will be enforced. Each group must maintain its position on the course with respect to the group in front. Any group with a clear hole in front of it will be considered out of position. Penalties will be issued to individuals in such groups who, by their pace, contribute to such delay.
- Cancellation: Players unable to compete for any reason should cancel at least 30 minutes before their hit off time.
- Competitors are requested to report to the starter 15 minutes before the appointed time given in the draw. If a competitor has not reported 5 minutes before the time his/her time may be allocated to a player on the waiting list.
- Competitors must pay the prescribed Competition Fee as set down by the Committee.
- Suspension of Play: The Optional Condition as prescribed in Appendix 1 (page 137) is in effect. All practice areas are closed during suspension for a dangerous situation (eg. lightning) until the Committee has declared them open.
- 3rd Hole. When playing the tee shot from the teeing ground of the 3rd hole players are prohibited from playing on to the 3rd green. A player whose ball lands or finishes on the 3rd green will be disqualified. Further action may be taken by the Board.
- Ties. Except as provided in Special Conditions of an event, ties will be decided by the Golf Australia method of countback. See Long Reef Golf Club Programme.
- Distance Measuring Devices: The use of a distance measuring device during a stipulated round is prohibited. The penalty for breach of this condition is disqualification.
- Motorised Transport: Permitted unless otherwise specified.
- Mobile Phones: If a competitor is in possession of a Mobile Phone during a competition it must be turned off or in mute mode. If the phone rings it is deemed to be in use and this can be considered a serious breach of etiquette and may attract a warning or disqualification under Rule 33-7.
- Junior Members may not enter Saturday or Wednesday competitions unless invited by an adult member. In all other competitions junior members must be accompanied by an adult member. Penalty disqualification.
- Prizes will be determined by the Committee.
- Competitors must conform to Long Reef Golf Clubs dress regulations.
NOTE: Specific events, such as Club Championships may have additional Conditions.
Click here to view the Women’s Conditions of Play Click here to view the Men’s Conditions of Play